1. Connect the (provided) Ethernet cable into one of the 4 ports on the back of the modem and the other end to your PC.
2. Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Type http://192.168.0.1 into the address box and press Enter. The Login page should open if you are connected to the modem.
3. Type “admin” in the Username field and “Motorola” in the Password field. Then select login.
4. The Launch Quick Start Wizard page appears. Mouse over Wireless at the top of the screen and select Primary Network Settings. The Primary Network page appears.
5. Locate the Network Name (SSID) and delete the current name. Next enter the desired name for your wireless network.
6. Locate and delete the current Passphrase (password). Type in the desired passphrase. This should be at least 8 digits and alphanumeric.
7. Click on Apply at the bottom of the page and you’re done!
8. Using a wireless device, view the list of available networks. You should see your newly created network name there. Select it and enter the passphrase that you created. This device should now connect to the Internet.