1. Connect the (provided) Ethernet cable into one of the 4 ports on the back of the modem and the other end to your PC.
2. Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Type 192.168.0.1 into the address box and press Enter. The Login page should open if you are connected to the modem.
3. Type “admin” in the Username field and “password” in the Password field. Then select login.
4. The Arris status page appears. Select the Wireless tab at the top of the screen and the System Basic Setup page appears.
5. Locate the Wireless Network Name (SSID) and delete the current name. Next enter the desired name for your wireless network.
5a. For the DG1660/2460/3260 they will show tabs for 2.4ghz and 5ghz which you can change the SSID for each.
6. Locate and delete the current Pre-Shared Key (wireless password). Type in the desired Pre-Shared Key. This should be at least 8 digits and alphanumeric.
6a. For the DG1660/2460/3260 they will show tabs for 2.4ghz and 5ghz which you can change the Pre-Shared Key for each.
7. Click on Apply at the bottom of the page and you’re done!
8. Using a wireless device, view the list of available networks. You should see your newly created network name there. Select it and enter the Pre-Shared Key that you created. This device should now connect to the Internet.