Use the Device Manager to determine if your computer has USB 1.1, 2.0, or 3.0 ports:
1. Using search: Type in Device Manager.
2. In the “Device Manager” window, click the > (Greater sign) next to Universal Serial Bus controllers. You will see a list of the USB ports installed on your computer.
– If your USB port name contains “Universal Host”, your port is version 1.1.
– If the port name contains both “Universal Host” and “Enhanced Host”, your port is version 2.0.
– If the port name contains “USB 3.0”, your port is version 3.0.
Directions for Mac:
1. Click on the Apple icon to open the Apple menu and click on About This Mac.
2. Click on System Report
3. Select USB from the list on the left. The USB version will be listed in the frame to the right.